Develop high caliber leaders from within.
The Epic Teams Leadership Accelerator program is Silicon Valley's premiere training experience for today's leaders.
The Leadership Accelerator uses a powerful and cost-effective peer group training format designed to produce the highest caliber team leaders for your fast moving company.
This 6-month program is perfect for:
existing leaders who are cultivating their craft as people and team developers
early-stage and mid-level managers who are learning to manage direct reports and teams
high-potential millennials who are in decision-making roles
How does it work?
The Leadership Accelerator is about sustained behavior change that leads to meaningful results for your company. During the course of 6 months, we provide:
A Dedicated Coach: Each leader works one-on-one with an executive coach to make improvements in the areas revealed through our multi-pronged behavioral assessments.
Group Trainings: We come to your location to facilitate inspiring and action-oriented trainings on relevant leadership skills.
Peer Coaching: In between group sessions, leaders peer coach one another to practice their new skills as people developers.
Metrics-Based Evaluations: We administer regular evaluations throughout the program to assess leadership competencies, as well as track improvements in business results that occur as a result of the training.
Exec Summary: We keep your execs in the loop and offer additional ongoing support programs for your leaders.
"This is my favorite time of the week!"
- overhead in a recent Epic Teams training
The 5 Epic Team Leader Principles
Leaders in the program develop the following five principles needed for today's high velocity world.
#1 Personal Leadership:
- Epic Team Leaders have a personal and professional mission that inspires their growth as a leader.
- They have deep self-awareness of one's creative and reactive tendencies.
- They can easily shift unproductive emotions into a collaborative mindset.
- They cultivate an authentic leadership style and build trust by communicating with intent.
- They cultivate positive and productive relationships with team members.
- They know how to diagnose when relationships go awry and have effective communication skills for "difficult conversations"
#2 Career Intelligence:
- Epic Team Leaders regularly plan, track, and evaluate one's career growth and development.
- They proactively assess their own engagement and performance levels and make necessary adjustments to "stay in the game."
- They proactively seek feedback and guidance so that they continuously improve in their role.
- They are continuously learning new skills as their role evolves in the near and mid-term future.
#3 Work-Life Intelligence:
- Epic Team Leaders reduce burnout by prioritizing high value activities for rest, health, and play that enable them to flourish as human beings - both inside and outside of work.
- They understand which of their functions and goals contribute the most value for the company and schedule their work time accordingly.
- They schedule creative and strategic tasks to take advantage of optimal "brain flow" time, and know how to protect that time from interruptions.
#4 People Development:
- Epic Team Leaders attract and land top talent for their teams with effective hiring strategies and company pitches that work
- They retain key players by periodically meeting with them to align company priorities with personal desires for career growth and development
- They help their people perform their role by establishing expectations, continually coaching for real-time improvements, and creating a healthy accountability structure that results in extraordinary outcomes.
#5 Team Coaching:
- Epic Team Leaders create a healthy team environment with mutually established goals, roles, and norms
- They know how to motivate their teams, with the ability to diagnose team problems and successfully intervene when necessary.
- They facilitate effective team meetings for high-quality divergent and convergent thinking
- They foster a productive culture by embodying the Epic Team Leader principles
- They keep their team focused on the core performance areas that matter.
Long-Term Outcomes for Your Company:
The Leadership Accelerator yields significant ROI for your company in the following ways.
Retain your top employees by investing in the #1 desired perk - personal growth and development
Attract the best and brightest candidates by demonstrating your commitment to leadership development
Create a steady pipeline of A-players for leadership succession
Increased engagement and performance of your brightest leaders
Increased abilities of your leaders to meet or exceed company expectations of team deliverables
Increased cross-functional effectiveness through the development of meaningful bonds with peer leader
A positive lasting impact in workplace culture through a shared common language of leadership principles and tools